Condition & Details
- Condition: The lens is tested, operational and in near mint minus condition.
- Nikon 500mm F5.6 PF ED AF-S VR
- Tripod foot
- Front and Rear Caps
- Lens Hood
- Case & Strap
The USED Nikon 500mm F5.6 PF ED AF-S VR is a fantastically versatile telephoto lens, compatible with Nikon Full Frame FX and APS-C Crop DX Sensor Cameras.
If you’re looking at this lens you will know how serious it is. Designed to turn out pin-sharp pro work, it’s ideal for wildlife, sport, birding.
It has a lightweight construction, fast focusing and benefits from edge-to-edge sharpness, and minimal light fall-off and flare, even when shooting wide open or in backlit situations.
- Robust and light: The Phase Fresnel (PF) lens element helps keep the lens compact, and a fluorine coating repels water, dust, and dirt. Every movable part of the lens barrel is sealed to protect from dust and water droplets. Ball bearings in the tripod collar ring ensure smooth transitions between horizontal and vertical shooting.
- High optical performance: Three ED glass elements ensure images with vivid colour and deep contrast. Nikon’s antireflective Nano Crystal Coat ensures clear images with minimal flare and ghosting, even in backlit conditions. PF lens flare is effectively minimised, and the superior resolving power of this lens ensures excellent reproduction of point light sources. Even at the periphery of the frame.
- Minimum focus distance: 3.0 m.
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM): ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocus performance with seamless manual override.
- Fluorine coating: actively repels water, dust, and dirt without compromising image quality. The coating is applied to the protective glass on the front element of the lens, where it also makes it easier to clean the glass without damaging the surface.
- Vibration Reduction (VR): Nikon’s Vibration Reduction (VR) lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to 4 stops slower than without VR. VR activates the instant you press the camera’s exposure button halfway, and operation is quiet. SPORT VR mode is helpful when shooting exceptionally fast action, or when panning. It delivers a more stable viewfinder image, even during continuous shooting, without compromising image quality.