Condition & Details
- Condition: The lens is tested, operational and in mint minus condition and was serviced at Llehmans August 2021.
- Nikon 500mm F4 E FL ED AF-S VR
- Hard Case
- Tripod foot
- Front and Rear Caps
- Lens Hood
The Nikon 500mm F4 E FL ED AF-S VR is a fantastically versatile telephoto lens, compatible with Nikon Full Frame FX and APS-C Crop DX Sensor Cameras.
If you’re looking at this lens you will know how serious it is. Designed to turn out pin-sharp pro work, it’s ideal for wildlife, sport, birding.
It has a lightweight construction, fast focusing and works very well with the Nikon AF S series converters which save the weight and cost of the heavier and more expensive lenses.
- Robust and light: fluorite elements help reduce the weight of this super-telephoto lens to just 3090 g (approx.) Lightweight, rugged and reliable, the body boasts a professional-grade dust- and moisture-resistant construction.
- High optical performance: two fluorite elements, three extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements and Nikon’s Nano Crystal Coat ensure minimal chromatic aberration and ghosting.
- Vibration Reduction (VR): with SPORT mode. VR minimises camera shake and lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to four stops slower.
- Electromagnetic diaphragm: enables consistent, more precise exposures during high-speed bursts.
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM): ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocus performance with seamless manual override.
- Fluorine coating: actively repels water, dust, and dirt without compromising image quality. The coating is applied to the protective glass on the front element of the lens, where it also makes it easier to clean the glass without damaging the surface.
- Tripod mount ring: new bearings improve durability and ensure smooth switching between horizontal and vertical orientation. The mount is positioned close to the rear of the lens to ensure comfortable transportation, and allow the included one-piece hood to be reversed.
- Minimum focus distance: 3.6 m.