A camera that lets you photograph sport, wildlife and news like never before. Identify subjects just by looking at them – a truly intuitive experience – and stay ahead of the competition with 30fps continuous shooting and advanced connectivity that lets you smash your deadline.
- Explosive speed at 30fps Enjoy a top shutter speed of 1/64,000sec and 30fps burst shooting, with simultaneous AF/AE tracking.
- Mastering Movement The EOS R3 captures ﬂeeting moments at 30fps, revealing details that are missed with a naked eye.
- See. React. Respond With our next-generation Eye Control autofocus technology, the EOS R3 focuses wherever you are tracking
- Made for the movies The EOS R3 Is a professional hybrid, able to capture cinematic, broadcast-quality video and sensational still photography.
- Built for professionals The EOS R3 Is built to withstand the demands of day-to-day professional use, and whatever life throws at you.
- Advanced connectivity The EOS R3 uses Its wired LAN socket and 2.4/5GHz to talk to computer networks, laptops and mobile devices for fast, easy image sharing and remote camera control.
The EOS R3 captures fleeting moments at 30fps, revealing details that are missed with the naked eye. The camera’s back-illuminated stacked sensor is so fast it lets photographers use an electronic shutter to freeze fast movement without worrying about ‘rolling shutter’ distortion. Enjoy a top shutter speed of 1/64,000sec and 30fps burst shooting, with simultaneous AF/AE tracking.
Advanced Eye-Control AF
Ever used a camera that feels like it’s reading your mind? With our next-generation Eye Control autofocus technology, the EOS R3 focuses wherever you are looking. This unparalleled control over AF allows the camera to react as quickly as you do – allowing you to respond fast to ever-changing scenes.
Our Best Subject Tracking Yet
Using deep-learning artificial intelligence and thousands of real-world images, we’ve taught the EOS R3 to recognise people, animals and vehicles accurately and confidently – wherever they move in the frame.
People can be tracked even if they are wearing a mask helmet or sunglasses. When photographing motorsports, the EOS R3 can recognise motorbikes and racing cars, even distinguishing between closed and open cockpits, pinpointing a driver’s helmet when this is visible.
A Fusion Of Video & Still-Photo Performance
The EOS R3 is a professional hybrid, able to capture cinematic, broadcast-quality video and sensational still photography. Bristling with features that empower filmmakers to new levels of creativity, the camera can capture oversampled 4K as well as 6K RAW footage internally to a CFexpress card. Canon Log 3 provides greater dynamic range and colour-grading possibilities.
Crucially, the same object recognition available to stills photographers is also available to videographers, so you can track moving objects around the frame, keeping them in sharp focus even when working.
Connected To The World
Connectivity is vital for sports and news photographers. The EOS R3 uses its wired LAN socket and 2.4/5GHz Wi-Fi to talk to computer networks, laptops and mobile devices for fast, easy image sharing and remote camera control. The EOS R3 is also compatible with our Mobile File Transfer app, which lets pro photographers add metadata and transmit images from a smartphone, using either Wi-Fi or mobile phone data.
The EOS R3 also features a new multifunction accessory shoe that provides data communication and power for new accessories, as well as acting as a hotshoe for existing Speedlites and triggers.
Designed & Built For The Pros
The EOS R3 is built to withstand the demands of day-to-day professional use, and whatever life throws at you.
From dust storm to downpour, a tough, magnesium-alloy body is dust-and-water sealed to the same level as our legendary EOS-1D series cameras. Have the confidence to keep shooting whatever the conditions throw at you.
Fits Right Into Your Existing System
The EOS R3 fits right into your existing system, working alongside your other mirrorless or DSLR cameras.
It’s powered by a high-capacity LP-E19 battery – the same as you’ll find in our EOS-1DX series bodies. Your EF lenses will work exactly as they should too, thanks to a range of high-quality mount adaptors, which can also add extra functionality, like a Control Ring or drop-in filters
With its intuitive controls and ergonomic excellence, the EOS R3 is result of the three decades of evolution, constantly informed by the requirements of professional photographers. Enjoy unparalleled ergonomics, with a familiar intuitive interface.
Responsive Customisable Controls
The EOS R3 is a professional thoroughbred. It’s shape and form are informed by our EOS-1DX series cameras, but is smaller and lighter, incorporating the design principles of the mirrorless EOS R system for superb handling.
The camera offers a choice of controls, with both a multi-controller and smart controller falling instinctively within reach of your thumb. Three customisable dials on the camera body, plus a Lens Control ring on each RF mount lens, allow shutter speed, aperture, ISO and exposure compensation to be adjusted with the camera at your eye.
The EOS R3 is also equipped with a four-million-dot high-resolution Vari-Angle screen, that is clear and brilliant, even in bright conditions. It lets you compose easily from creative perspectives. Dual card slots allow image files and video footage to be written to widely available SD cards (with support for UHS-II) or super-fast, next-generation CFexpress media.
Use Electronic Shutter With Flash
To help you balance daylightand flash even In the bright conditions, or freeze fast-moving subjects head, flash sync Is now possible when using the camera’s electronic shutter – both Canon Speedlites and third-party studio flash units.
- Megapixels: 24.1
- Sensor and Processor: Full Frame / DIGIC X
- In-camera Image Stabilizer: Yes, 8-axis in-body IS
- Focusing Points: Automatic selection: 1053 Available AF areas when automatically selected
Manual selection: 1-point AF (AF frame size can be changed) 4779 AF positions available stills ( 3969 Movies),
- AF Tracking: Humans, Animals (Dogs, Cats and Birds) or Vehicles (Racing cars or Motor bikes)
- Frames Per Second: 30fps silent shooting / 12fps mechanical shutter
- Max ISO Sensitivity: 100-102,400, can be expanded to 204,800)
- Video Capabilities: 6K RAW, 4K & Full HD resolution
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Supported
- Memory Card: 1x CFexpress type B & 1x SD/SDHC/SDXC and UHS-II
- Body Mount: RP Mount (EF and EF-S lenses can be used with EF-EOS-R Mount Adapter)
- Rear Screen Style: 3.2″ Touchscreen Vari-Angle LCD
What’s in the Box:
- Digital Camera EOS R3 Body
Camera Cover R-F-5
Strap ER-EOS R3
Battery Charger LC-E19E